The Business Administration program covers the integrated approach and interrelationship among the functional areas of business as well as sensitivity to the economic, social, technological, legal and international environment in which business must operate. The objective of the program is not simply to impart basic business knowledge, but to instill and nurture important qualities and skills in our students that are essential for future business leadership and organizational success.
It is an interdisciplinary and problem-focused program comprised of three integrated elements: basic business, business core and professional courses. Each business major consists of course designed to develop the critical thinking, needed by graduates to successfully serve as leaders in business organizations. The program also addresses contemporary organizational issues such as global competition, continuous quality improvement, good governance, and the relationship between organizations and various environmental forces which are key components of global economy.
A distinctive feature of the program is that the majority of upper-level courses include a practical project component, offering the opportunity to apply the problem-solving theories and concepts learned in the classroom to real situations. Extensive opportunities are available for students to meet business professionals and gain practical experience.
Program Description and General Objectives
Bachelor of Science in Business Administration Major in Human Resource Development Management (HRDM)
The Human Resource Development Program aims to prepare the graduates for a career in the field of Human Resource Management in various corporations whether in the manufacturing, marketing and service sectors, or in the different types of industries such as pharmaceutical, semi-conductor, food and beverage, banking industries and other types of organizations.
Built into the program is the normal evolution of Human Resource (HR) profession at the various stages of development of an enterprise. At the infancy stage of a company, the HR organization is limited to perform the traditional functions in personnel management. As it grows, HR gets involved in the administrative processes to ensure that policies, systems and procedures are in place to have consistency and order in handling and managing people. Thereafter, HR assists line managers in the acquisition and development of skills and competencies of employees before it engages in the more strategic directions of making its employees more competitive in the business environment given global competition.
The objectives of the program are:
1. Complete understanding of the concepts, principles, theories, and philosophies in Human Resource.
2. Assist students seek employment and facilitate the integration process in the corporate environment so they can be immediately productive once employed.
3. Assist the students in appreciating the HR role in the organization and how they can make meaningful contributions as a strategic partner in building the organization to become globally competitive.
ENTRY-LEVEL JOBS PER AREA OF SPECIALIZATION
Bachelor of Science in Business Administration Major in Marketing Management (MM)
The Marketing Management program prepares the students to be responsive to the total environment by providing technical skills and competencies in the areas of marketing. Theory is blended with practicum activities to give the students a broad and enriched base for career in marketing.
The objectives of the program are:
1. Help the students to seek employment and entry level jobs or positions of responsibility as marketing manager, marketing executive or marketing director.
2. Guide the students in organizing or managing entrepreneurial activities if they decide to be self-employed.
3. Equip students with knowledge of the principles and concepts of marketing.
4. Prepare students to pursue a teaching career or graduate studies in business.
BSBA Advanced Office Positions
Any supervisory or managerial job in the field of specialization, government and private
BSBA is related to the Entrepreneurship, Customs Administration, Office Administration, Hotel and Restaurant Management, Accountancy, and other specialized business programs.