City College of Tagaytay is one the local colleges under the RA 10931 signed by President Rodrigo Roa Duterte on 03 August 2017, Republic Act (RA) No. 10931, otherwise known as the Universal Access to Quality Tertiary Education Act is “AN ACT PROMOTING UNIVERSAL ACCESS TO QUALITY TERTIARY EDUCATION BY PROVIDING FOR FREE TUITION AND OTHER SCHOOL FEES IN STATE UNIVERSITIES AND COLLEGES, LOCAL UNIVERSITIES AND COLLEGES AND STATE-RUN TECHNICAL-VOCATIONAL INSTITUTIONS, ESTABLISHING THE TERTIARY EDUCATION SUBSIDY AND STUDENT LOAN PROGRAM, STRENGTHENING THE UNIFIED STUDENT FINANCIAL ASSSISTANCE SYSTEM FOR TERTIARY EDUCATION AND APPROPRIATING FUND THEREFOR,” as stated in the title of the Law.
Duration of Scholarship Grant
RA 10931 provides a one-year grace period on top of the prescribed number of years of the course of the student.
- For incoming freshmen during AY 2018-2019: students in four-year courses can benefit for five years; students in five-year courses can benefit for six years.
- For continuing students during AY 2018-2019: fourth year students in four-year courses can benefit for two years (i.e. their fourth year and the one-year grace period); third year students in five-year courses can benefit for four years (i.e. their third to fifth years and the one-year grace period).
- For any extension beyond the above, the student shall pay for tuition and other school fees (TOSF).
- Other unique situations of students like shifting, transferring and returning students have specific guidelines and shall observe the same principle.
What are the “miscellaneous and other school fees” covered by the Free Higher Education Program?
As outlines in the Implementing Rules and Regulations (IRR) of RA 10931 a total of 13 standard miscellaneous fees have been identified:
- Scholars shall maintain a GPA of not lower than 3.00. For academic scholars, the required GPA is 1.60 or better and no grade lower than 2.25.
- For Teacher Education students, the GPA shall not be lower than 2.25, and must not obtain a grade lower than 2.75 in any subject.
- Students who obtain grades as Unofficially Dropped (UD), Dropped (D) or 5.0 (Failed) shall be required to pay for the number of units of the course/s where they got such grade/s upon enrolment.
- Scholars shall maintain a good moral character inside and outside of the College. Termination of scholarship shall be recommended to the Board of Trustees if a student recipient committed any major offense stipulated in the CCT Students Code of Conduct, or any other policies, rules and regulations of the College.
Duties and Responsibilities of Scholars
- Scholars must uphold the Vision, Mission, Goals and Objectives of the College.
- They must abide by the policies, rules and regulations set forth by the College and by the higher authorities
- Before, graduation, they shall sigh a waiver and/or seek clearance from the City Mayor before applying for a job.
- When so required, they shall render three (3 years) of service to the City Government of Tagaytay and to CCT after graduation and shall be properly compensated.
- They shall fulfill other duties and obligations that may be set forth by the City Government of Tagaytay, the Board of Trustees of CCT, and CCT.